Where do you get your icons(.ico) for VB?

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
Ok i'm making a program in VB for school and i need some icons for it. basically right now(well in the next 24hours) i need icons you would find in "paint". (like the brush, pencil, square, circle, eraser....) any icons sites would be nice for future projects too, so if you have one you knew of but it doens't have paint icons put it up anyways.

I tried google but couldn't find any "paint" icons.

Thanks in advanced.

P.S. This program is just for marks so i don't want to spend any money.

First, try searching the web using the file extension itself and then free art, free icons. If you've already tried that, then VB itself usually comes with several of Microsoft's icons in a folder it installs. Searching your machine with the expression *.ico as the parameter should list any icon files that are shared or system set rather than built into an executable file. Hope this helps.

if you want to create your own icons you could either search for an icon editor...

or you can use paint...
create a 32x32 pixel canvas draw your picture and save it as a bitmap (BMP) picture, then rename the extension so that it is .ico instead of .bmp.

root said:
if you want to create your own icons you could either search for an icon editor...

or you can use paint...
create a 32x32 pixel canvas draw your picture and save it as a bitmap (BMP) picture, then rename the extension so that it is .ico instead of .bmp.

Does that actually work or is it just a guess?

Back
Top Bottom