hypothetical cpu question

MeTzenAs1

In Runtime
did I spell hypothetical right?? oh well

Heres a question what would you guys use in a gaming system as far as pentium
goes.. a pentium 3.0 prescott which hass 800fsb and 1mb l2 cache, or a pentium 3.2 northwood 800fsb with 512 l2 cache ?? the northwood is 200 mhz faster but half the l2 cache..

any takers ??

I'd say that the northwood is better.
The northwood will run cooler, will oc better (atleast this is what I have heard) and will consume less power. No big differences in performance.

well dude to be honest I would go with a pentium d or an AMD I mean anything but pentium D is pretty much unacceptable. But it all depnds on what games you play.

lol anything but a pentium d is unacceptable?? hmm I build / repair computer for a living, as as far as gaming goes.. nothing compare to an amd, but why would I go duel core.. when I need all the resources going to one place? This is the reason the fx series is a single core. So.. and as far as normal pentium 4's go.. pentium 4 3.0 is still the normal cause not really worth going any faster for the price/performance ratio. you can take a pentium 4 3.0 with a high end graphics card.. and play any game an amd can play (very well at that) of course you will get better frame rate with an athlon 64.. but we are talking just being able to play. anything put a pentium d is unacceptable? me and about 4 techs who do this for a living are laughing at you.

going to post performance test for the unrelease pentioum extreme editon with the 973(may not be 973 forget the number but its not released yet its a tester) chipset.

how does that business go metzenas? I hear you have to like live in silicon valley just to get a job.

hmm.. its at a computer warehouse where we sell custom computers, and repair other computers.. I didn't say we built actual computer componets.. every town has some type of warehouse where you can take a computer in for repair. and the owners are worth about 105mil so I guess its going ok.. but what do I know. So do you have an opinion regarding the original post, or do you just wonder from topic to topic trying to throw your infinite wisdom on everyone ??

MeTzenAs said:
wonder from topic to topic trying to throw your infinite wisdom on everyone ??
Pentiums are for people who've always bought Dells.
Celerons are for people who cant afford a Pentium but still want an Intel badge on the outside of there new Dell.
AMDs are for people who prefer "ownage" to the company of a woman.
Semprons are for the destitute "owners" and the truely sick who think Budget and gaming belong in the same sentence!
Mobile processers are a waste of time as you know the laptop will never leave your kitchen table.
Cyrix's are the future! Forget clock speeds, L2 cache and 64bit extensions.... Look at the floating decimal point on that!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom