Windows Vista

TRDCorolla said:
Rumor has it that it won't use WinFS, but the old NTFS still!!!! Damnit. At least, during its initial release. Later on, WinFS will be incorporated as standard in future releases.
yes u are right. they said the new FS would take 2 long and prolong the release so it will be comming out in later virsions, hopefully they will figure a way 2 make it a free patch 2 vista users that baught it before then!

That's going to take forever. It's a good thing I have a MSDN account. I get it free no matter what. I'll get both versions and have it installed.

Your lucky TRDCorolla ... i wouldn't mind trying out Windows Vista for myself :( I've been waiting this long already ... seriously, i have to question what Microsoft have been spending all their time on ...

Are you all kidding me?! Windows Vista is going to be horrible.

I've been keeping tabs on it for quite a long time. Windows Vista's DRM protection is said to lock down many programs such as MP3 players and CD/DVD burning software. Not only that, but hardware drivers have to be Microsoft approved otherwise they will be locked by the kernel's DRM controls. This is a major backwards compatibility issue!!

That's not all! Those who purchase Vista will need a monitor that supports DRM protection otherwise their desktop will be 640 x 480 with a convenient message saying, "In order to view Windows in a higher resolution, you will need a monitor with DRM protection."

Don't believe me? Read this:
http://informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=167101058#_

and

http://www.pcstats.com/ArtVNL.cfm?articleid=1871&page=2

With that info, either I stick with WinXP and 2003 or I just seitch to Linux...a good distro

Damn Microsoft. What the hell are they doing? Making it hard for us to use their OS. They just want us to spend more money on hardware. Isn't HDCP better technology though? It looks promising. Looks like I'll be buying another monitor, again.

What?!? I'm not getting another monitor. I've been using my good ye old 17 CRT for 5 years now, and recently switched over to LCD [While still using my Good ye old CRT]. I don't like switching expensive computer parts, just because of some Windows Product. Shame though, I was looking foward to using the new OS, butI don't like using small 640 X 800 screens either.

That's HDCP!

26495_00.jpg
that computer screen will costs our eyes out :mad: You need a DVI monitor by then...there will be no more CRT

Another pic:

20050409_vp231wb_01.jpg

@Moose Man: WinFS will come out with Blackcomb

well all that doesn't sound good but they better change it. vista sure wont be all 2 sucessfull if they do that and even though i do believe what those sites say microsoft wont do that because they want their product in every home....or so lets hope that they'll change it. we still got 2 remember that microsoft wont release alot of info on vista and it's still got a year-ish 2 develop so hopefully it's only temporary!!! otherwise that will suck and idk exactly sure what i'd do but LCD + low resolution = crappy lookin screen :p

MooseMan said:
well all that doesn't sound good but they better change it. vista sure wont be all 2 sucessfull if they do that and even though i do believe what those sites say microsoft wont do that because they want their product in every home....or so lets hope that they'll change it. we still got 2 remember that microsoft wont release alot of info on vista and it's still got a year-ish 2 develop so hopefully it's only temporary!!! otherwise that will suck and idk exactly sure what i'd do but LCD + low resolution = crappy lookin screen :p

Many people were saying that DRM protection will be hacked... I believe it will...

Back
Top Bottom