Xbox OWNAGE!

Yeah, I've opened an Xbox before, since I got one for free, and it didnt work since the video messed up before an error message appeared. Torx drivers are so useful :D

The look of them inside is not what you'd expect though, as they look alot simpler than a PC's build, with alot of the components soldered straight onto the motherboard, like the RAM, GPU, and CPU.

I've seen inside the Xbox 360 too, and its basically the same story, with 1 big heatsink (sort of water cooled, using vapour) over the CPU cores, and one big heatsink over the GPU, followed by a sort of funnel over both that sends the heat straight out through the back two 60mm fans.

Hehe, I don't believe you'd expect a system to survive a throw that high though :p You try throwing a computer case with components in it, or any other electrical device in that way and see what happens :p

Yeah, I'd never break one on purpose, and as long as there is no warrantee and it doesn't work anymore, i'd open something up to see the insides. Don't know why. It just keeps me busy for a while :p

I'd never do it to something that works though, that has a warrantee.

HRHunteRHR said:
P.S It has INTEGRATED nVidia graphics, and the processor had no chance of getting pulled out.... Oh yea, and I couldn't find the ram!!!

Well what did you expect to see? An agp slot or somthing with a graphics card in it?

It was a 4 year old xbox and it didn't read disks or turn on because their little sister poured hot sauce all over it and kicked it. It was hurled 30 feet intot he air on pavement.

Yeah, nice one. You won't find the RAM in individual sticks. They're soldered on the motherboard. The graphics chip is soldered on as well, so it's really a independent GPU, not integrated (Code-named NV2A, and derived from the GeForce 3 series). The CPU uses the PGA (Pin Grid Array), so it's also stuck there permeneantly. The hard drive isn't really big...about 8gb-10gb (depending on your revision model), and it'll be locked with the Xbox software, so just plugging it in to use will be harder then you think.

Considering you threw it up 30 feet, I wouldn't be suprised you killed it. It's a piece of electronics covered by plastic and thin aluminum...not magnesium alloy with depleted uranium armor. :rolleyes: You'll pretty much destroy any console like that. I've taken apart my Xbox before...it's very interesting. I'm gonna get a clear case and add some lighting to make it look cool...:D

Back
Top Bottom