Xbox OWNAGE!

HRHunteRHR

BSOD
So today me and my friends were outside and one of them brought up the idea of destryoing an old xbox they gave to me. Well destroy it we did. I hurled it 30 feet into the air and it came down with a deafening SMACK! The face plate blew off, and the hatch became loose. FInally after a few throws we managed to crack it open. The hard drive is really stuck in their, but I managed to rip it out and the little black case is still hanging around it in jaged pieces (I'll use it later). I also managed to get the cd/DVD drive out but it was internally owned, and I could hear trapped pieces of it inside rattling around when I picked it up. Overall, the durability was horrible! The first drop made the face plate blow off, and within two or three drops the case was broken open! There was some sort of cheap bendable chasis on the interior covering the motherboard, which miraculously surivived without a scratch.

What I got out of it:

1$ USD
1 Fan that isn't attached to it's box, so it will be a cooler for the summer....
1 Seagate 16G? Hard Drive
1 Hard drive and CD rom cable
1 Knowledge

P.S It has INTEGRATED nVidia graphics, and the processor had no chance of getting pulled out.... Oh yea, and I couldn't find the ram!!!

Not durable? I dont think that when they made the xbox they intended for bored teenagers to throw it around to see what happens =P

Paradox said:
Not durable? I dont think that when they made the xbox they intended for bored teenagers to throw it around to see what happens =P

ROFL but at least the gamecube survived 3 30 foot drops before it cracked open, and the face plate didn't blow up.... But oh god, don't get me started on the PS2, what a tragedy.... :rolleyes:

:p

LMAO!!
But i would consider it pretty durable, because it was thrown 30 feet in the air.. thats kinda high, lol..

gamcubes are actually pretty cheap nowadays you can get a used one at ebgames for like 50 bucks. I might get one since I have the metroid prime game. Or I might sell the game

xboxes are still expensive though! 149 at ebgames! that's stupid!

Well Gamecubes are like more then half the size and weight of an xbox... But really, non of them were meant to be hurled 30 feet into the air and then hit solid ground. They were built to sit around and play videogames for you.. not really, how much durribility do you need for that.

Chris

did it fall on grass or pavement?

HRHunteRHR said:
So today me and my friends were outside and one of them brought up the idea of destryoing an old xbox they gave to me. Well destroy it we did. I hurled it 30 feet into the air and it came down with a deafening SMACK! The face plate blew off, and the hatch became loose. FInally after a few throws we managed to crack it open. The hard drive is really stuck in their, but I managed to rip it out and the little black case is still hanging around it in jaged pieces (I'll use it later). I also managed to get the cd/DVD drive out but it was internally owned, and I could hear trapped pieces of it inside rattling around when I picked it up. Overall, the durability was horrible! The first drop made the face plate blow off, and within two or three drops the case was broken open! There was some sort of cheap bendable chasis on the interior covering the motherboard, which miraculously surivived without a scratch.

What I got out of it:

1$ USD
1 Fan that isn't attached to it's box, so it will be a cooler for the summer....
1 Seagate 16G? Hard Drive
1 Hard drive and CD rom cable
1 Knowledge

P.S It has INTEGRATED nVidia graphics, and the processor had no chance of getting pulled out.... Oh yea, and I couldn't find the ram!!!

Back
Top Bottom