Just a thought about Consoles

Golden Master
You know how gaming consoles don't have any protective software to guard it from viruses. Well, if they are connected to the internet, think what will happen if a virus spread to Xbox's. It would be the perfect plan, to say the least.

This could very well happen to other consoles.

Thats too true. But, odds are good that your router could/probably would prevent this.

Yeah, because they connect to broadband services. Though its only open to games and whats available through the service, like demos, etc, and I doubt they'd have viruses.

I guess it is possible, but I'm sure the Xbox won't open Executable files that holds them (Remember also, its got MAC Power PC cores, so won't work with standard PC Viruses) within the hard disc since its just for standard data, and the DVD's won't hold them, so its safe I think :p

Well I don't think its possible in this case really, but some sad acts are creating viruses for PDA's and phones... why not consoles? If they can run code, virus creators will make them.

Though, if its connected to Xbox Live (if it was possible to get them), you could get patches, etc.

Theres one on mobile phones...Spread itself through bluetooth and then wrecks your phone.

And if an xbox virus does ever come about..Im telling the FBI about you Mr.F :D

Back
Top Bottom