Graphics effective @ 983 MHz?

HRHunteRHR

BSOD
My memory on my Sapphire x800GTO is supposedly effective at 983 MHz, but the default memory speed is 490? And in ATi Tool, if I crank it up to 700MHz, blue lines appear on the screen. Are the memory speeds added together or something?

Umm i'm probably wrong but i think there is the RAMDAC clock and another 1. Don't know which one you overclock with but hey, get EVEREST and go to graphics cards and see if you can find the memory speed because i have two different clocks on this and my other computer one is lower and one is higher

Can you explain that differently? Two clocks? In ATi Tool, I have a core clock and a memory clock. Defaults are 400 and 490....

loool, dont randomly slide the speed up and down , especially if you dont have the devices to cool it with :)

Ok 1st of all, some of the newer GPU's have 2 clock settings 2d and 3d. 2d is used for just regular internet surfing and idle times. when you are are in 2d settings the graphics card will slow down the clock speeds. Then there is 3d settings (game playing etc) when you start playing a game your GPU will raise the clock speeds to there max.

2nd of all. Just because your GPU has a faster clock speed then the 7800GTX dose not mean its better. Clock speeds are one thing to a GPU the 2nd thing to look at are pixel pipelines. Yous probably has 8 or maybe 12. The 7800GTX has 23. (think of it as lanes of highway. If you have 23 lans of highway running at 300mhz (mph) you are going to get a lot more cars through then if you have 8 lanes of highway going at 500mhz (mph))

Your RAM clock is the slower one times by 2, because DDR RAM is always effective. This is because it works twice in a clock cycle, once on the up, and once on the down, so to do the same with just one you would need twice the speed.

Get it? :p

Back
Top Bottom