Wireless USB connectivity

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Check this out. New wireless USB hub design. Wisair is a company that has announced a platform for a new equipment that will offer wireless connectivity to existing USB devices. The reference design consists of a WUSB dongle, to be plugged to the PC, and a WUSB hub featuring two or four ports for printers, cameras, audio players and scanners, among other peripherals. It will connect wirelessly to the dongle within 30 feet providing a 480 Mb/s bandwith. Wisair' will demonstrate this at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in January of 06. More here:

http://www.wisair.com/press/wisair-unveils-wireless-usb-hub-reference-design

How cool is that??!!?

thats cool stuff... I don't like how they use Mb/s when they should probably use Mbits/s so it doesn't confuse people between bytes and bits. I know this happened to me at first :p

Chris

Yeah, that can be confusing. But can you imagine wireless connections? Wow. Everything will be wireless in the future. Wireless mouse, keyboards, printers, digital camera, Logitech Rumblepads, anything that uses USB. WOW!!!

No more cables. That's it. It's official. I'm going all out wireless on my next build.

yeah, another thing... wireless monitors... that would kick ass... wireless power supplies... SPEAKERS OH GOD!!!! I can't wait untill EVERYTHING is wireless then it'll just be a tower, monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers... all wireless.. wouldn't that be awsome?

Chris

Absolutely!!! I wish there was a wireless technology for monitors though. I don't think this new USB, er WUSB (Wireless USB), support DVI or RGB Analog connections though. Darnit. Oh, speakers, that's another one too. Man, I still got all these cables I have to deal with!! But it's still great start to see USB devices start going wireless. I got my PDA, digital camera, scanner, printer, and PC game controller that all run off of USB. Imagine them all wireless, haha. No more fuss wit cables and a cleaner look.

Back
Top Bottom