My computer may be dead? *URGENT*

xDsTx

Baseband Member
Oh No!! Well I was talking to my friend about fans and stuff to see if I really needed them, so he said to take out all the fans and listen to the PSU, Heatsink and all those fans to see if they are loud or not, so I did and only the heatsink was loud, but then when i was connecting all the fans back to its original i see a spark when im connecting one and then the computer shuts down. Afterwards I couldent turn it on with those 2 cords together. So I switched them around and then I turned it on, It's like the whole back panel wasnt working...The moniter showed nothing, the optical mouse had no light, the keyboard had no light, the Ethernet cord had no light at the base... Could this be my power supply? or just a loose connection? I have a RaidMax LP-6100E PSU which was stock, when I bought the Scorpio case. My brother also said that maybe a fuse blew or something =/.

if only the back of ur computer isnt turning on.. it may be ur motherboard.. if you say you can still turn on the computer, it shouldn't be the psu thats causing the problems.

Yes, the computer turns on as if nothings wrong, but my moniter says like "Moniter is in power save mode" and it dosent show anything T_T I hate this... Im scared Im going to have to use more money on my comp.

am i correct to assume that you were connecting these fans with the computer running? cause thats a good way to short a motherboard.

motherbord will be toasted roasted. silly thing to do what u did, now you will have learnt the hard way to unplug things.

So will I have to get a new motherboard? or what, the computer WAS running when connecting the fans back. gah so expensive, also is replacing the motherboard the only way to fix it? or is there a fuse of some sort?

woh...that'll teach me. I've done that once to no affect. I didn't think it'd do anything, and I just swapped a fans connector around while it was on. Luckily it didn't short.

I wonder if your power supply could have been part of the cause, not shutting down in time to protect from damage.

Back
Top Bottom