sharing internet connection with xbox

battersup said:
i just got xbox live and i want to share the connection with my computer so i can use both, what do i need to do this? a router? if i was using the internet on my computer it would be msn messenger only

Just buy a nice cheap LAN card for your computer, because routers are a pain. All you have to do is plug it in and set the xbox sensors to automatic and it should work form there.

I have xbox connected to my pc . if u dont mind having the pc on while u play. the quick and easy way is just to get a LAN card and use a cross over cable to connect the pc to xbox. thats the cheapest way otherwise u could splash out on a router or a wireless router. but not sure if wireless effects the speed when playing x box live.

Well I actually have XBL hooked up wirelessly to a router. Its ok but a direct connection is way better. You can't really use the computer when ur playing XBL unless you get a what I think is like a super G wireless router. Well a 108mbps router would do the job then I got the bonafide wireless adapter and everything is ok with that. Make sure you dont get any 3rd party crap. And also make sure you get an XBL compatible router.

rusbo.uk said:
Go wireless!

Wireless can suck pretty bad with an Xbox. I have seen it happen with a friend that I know. I was wondering if anyone else had around the same problems. Hardwire connection is definitely better because it recieves a constant bandwidth rather than your bandwidth depending on how well your adapter can recieve a good signal from your wireless router.

Back
Top Bottom