New system I'm building....

dmb51599

In Runtime
I'd say maybe drop the 3500+ to a 3000+, cause you're losing 400MHz clock speed, but you save a lot of money. I really don't think you'll benefit much from a 400MHz increase in clock speed.

Also, Corsair RAM tends to be over-priced. Personally, I find OCZ to be better value.

And that Hard Drive may have to go; 7,200rpm SATA drives with 8MB Cache aren't that expensive, and will give your machine a pretty big performance boost, I'm sure.

Looks good. Just upgrade that hard drive in the future. You will see a significant performance boost there. Here's a thought. If you get this high performance video card here, you get a free motherboard to go with it. I already checked the specs on that and it looks good too. It's actually better than the Asus one you got up there. Check it out. Buy an excellent video card and get a really good (SLi featured) motherboard for FREE:

Free SLI Motherboard with purchase.
eVGA 256-P2-N518 Geforce 7800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130238

That is too good to be true.

Keep the 3500+, the boost in performance is worth the value :)

What's your budget for the graphics card? If it's quite low, check out the 6600GTs. If you got more, look at a 6800GT, XT, or GS :)

Well, the eVGA motherboard uses a higher standard for hard drive interface (not that it will make huge difference), but it's theoritically rated at 3GB/s transfer rate compared to the Asus SATA 150, 150MB/s. Also, the eVGA support dual GPU (video cards) while the Asus cannot. It gives maximum performance for gamers. If you do choose this route, that 3500+ CPU will do nicely to go with this card.

Back
Top Bottom