evga 7800gtx ko?

draconum

Daemon Poster
Ok well Another question I have, With the eVGA 7800gtx ko, you have HDTV encoding, but would I need that with gaming? or should I spend the extra money and get the 512mb version? am I really going to see a difference with preformance? Plus watching hdtv on my copmuter would be cool :p

Chris

From what I can see, all the 7800GT or GTX support HDTV including the one I got. I think you should just get the 256MB card, unless you have the money to double the RAM on it. That's basically all it is and you're spending another what, $150-$200 more for it? Personally, I don't feel it is worth it. The performance gain may be there, but I don't think you'll notice it.

512MB will only make a difference in a few years, when textures get larger. But hey, it's the best, so get it if you can afford it :)

If i may post a question related to this topic.. on the 7800's they have an s video out which claims to be HDTV or something? What does that do?

basicly it's a hook up to a HDTV.
I'll probably be looking at the 7800gtx ko... possibly even SLI'ing to of them.. heh heh... talk about preformance.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom