NEw Computer plz rate

I still can't believe I paid only $340 for my 7800GT. You see how the price goes down after awhile? Amazing. Damn my motherboard not supporting SLi. Otherwise, I would gladly buy two 7800GT at that price and SLi them.

I don't think it will matter what currency you are using. If you find yourself paying that much for something, why not get the best if it's only going to cost another $50 more? I mean, you're only spending $500. What's another $50 added to that? There's a huge difference in price to what I spend on my card compared to one of the higher clocked GTX cards. I think a $200 difference so I chose the cheaper model. But if a GT card ever was to be that close in pricing, let's say within $100 or less, then I will gladly spend more to get the GTX instead. Unfortunately for me, that wasn't the case.

Definetly get 2gb of ram.. its worth it.. instead of using virtual memory off the hard drive, it uses ram, wich makes the computer run alot faster.. alot

TRDCorolla said:
I don't know about Opterons. I know people are saying that they can OC like hell because they're not locked and all, they're cheap in price compared to the FX, they have big cache, dual core, and all those goodies. Spec-wise, it probably looks good for gaming, but until I see more people jump on the bandwagon on getting Opterons and actually telling me what they think of it or if I can see some hard evidence using Opterons in gaming (benchmarks), I will still be very skeptic about it. All I hear about for gaming from people I know, PC magazines, TechTV, and such are that the Athlons are best for gaming (FX).

Also, is that motherboard even capable of supporting that Opteron CPU? I don't see very many boards available for that type of server CPU unless you go Tyan or something that cost a bundle.

1. The Core that these Opterons run on are just rebadged San Diego Cores, (the core that the FX's run on are also San Diego's) renamed venus with 1mb cache and apparently better silicone.

2. These things overclock like demons, right now the average overclock for a 146 is to like 2.8ghz. And that is on AIR!

3. These are socket 939 Opterons, not 940 and will work in ANY normal socket 939 motherboard. DFI doesnt support them officially though but i know that they work in DFI motherboards because most people who are overclocking are using these boards. :D

Oh and that 7800gt is the ABSOLUTE cheapest i could find, and if you can find a 7800gtx for $550 i will love you lol.

Do prices on most hardware generally drop after christmas and new year?

and WOOPS i forgot to include a case lol. What is a good black case with a window that is under $100 australian.
Thanks

NOOOOOOOO!OOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have heard that rumour too but i was assured by pricepoint somputers that their last shipment was coming in in january, and they are emailing me and i am GETTING ONE!!! soon.

how do they know 100% that they will have them in january? Get it now if you want to be guranteed an Opty 146

btw ownage HOW THE F#*K DO YOU HAVE A SOCKET M2 CPU OR MOBO YET!?!?!
oh and i am ordering as we speak and as soon as stock comes in they will give it to me

Back
Top Bottom