sharing internet connection with xbox

battersup

Baseband Member
i just got xbox live and i want to share the connection with my computer so i can use both, what do i need to do this? a router? if i was using the internet on my computer it would be msn messenger only

you need a router, I actually just networked my xbox with my computer last night. I dont have live tho, i use it so i can share movies and music with my xbox :p

I don't think he wants to network them, just be able to get a connection on both correct? Here, I'm in a good mood so I'll draw a little picture for you :), gimme a minute

wiktorek01 said:
you need a router, I actually just networked my xbox with my computer last night. I dont have live tho, i use it so i can share movies and music with my xbox :p

You must have a Media Center PC right? If not, I didn't know that you can share movies and music between a regular Xbox and a PC with just Windows XP.

Fill me in on that because I would like to set that up if I can.

Yeah, you need a modded Xbox to do that. You can do that with a Xbox 360 without modding though, so it's all good :D

Would you say that running the Xbox or Xbox 360 online with a wireless connection is pretty decent as far as not lagging much?

as for playing a xbox on a pcs connection ,i was house sitting at my sisters and wanted my gaming fix, i found my self removing a network card(about £10) from my home pc and installing on hers to give her two then buying a 'cross over' cable(£10ish) to run the xbox to the pc, worked fine the week i was there,at home i have a router and that works fine to,though at my sisters it did require the pc to be at least turned on to play xbox.

Back
Top Bottom