Can I upgrade processor?

I downloaded the Belarc and the CPU-Z. The Belarc gave some out some good information but it didn't really tell me anything about the mobo. However, the CPU-Z hit everything right on the nose. Here are the results.

EmachinesT3406CPUInfo.jpg

EmachinesT3406CPUInfo.jpg

*By the way, I think it is compatible with that P4 processor. Glance back at the link I made to NewEgg if you want to check out the processor again.

Another thing I wanted to know is whether I would see a pretty good speed difference between the 2 processors. Just to let you know I have about 768mb of memory in and also a MX4000 128mb card, 80 gb hard drive. It runs fine but I can't really multitask burning a CD while being on the internet. I also want something that can handle video editing a little bit better.

I knew it was a Prescott core! :D All the Intel processors with the new number coding system (like Pentium 4 5xx, 6xx etc and Celeron D 3xx) are the 90nm Prescott core.

So based on what I presented to you all, do ya think I should just upgrade the processor to a P4 or go from 768mb to 1.5gb of memory. Either way, they are both going to cost me around $$. Let me know what ya think.

Upgrade the CPU. It helps out more than the RAM. 768mb is decent nowadays and it won't bottleneck your CPU unless it runs at really slow speeds. Just upgrade to the Pentium 4 and get a 256mb stick of RAM. 1gb of RAM is just about the norm these days, so it'll do you good for a while.

Back
Top Bottom