Which Brand? BFG or eVGA?

draconum

Daemon Poster
Ok, Well I'm planning on getting the 7800gtx 512mb, now, which one should I be getting the eVGA one or the BFG one? or does it really matter that much?

Chris
(Note, please use Canadian sites if your gonna be showing me where to buy from)

The eVGA 7800GTX's all have those massive heatsink coolers and may get into the way of things and I hear they are heavy. But I'll bet they do one hell of a job cooling the GPU and supporting chipsets on there.

BFG Tech 7800GTX are nice cards also using the traditional cooler you see on most 7800 series video cards. They have good clocks, as well as the eVGA card. They're both really good. It's just a matter of how much you want to spend. If you buy it at Newegg (sorry, American site), it comes with a free copy of Call Of Duty 2.

In my case, I would get the BFG in that sense. If that deal wasn't available, get the eVGA. They are most reputable for their video cards.

Both are great. I've never had a eVGA card, so I can't say anything about it, although I've heard lots of great things about them. BFG Tech is my preference. The free tech support is very helpful and responds very quickly (the guy who helped me out even had the same motherboard as me! :D). Lifetime warranty, reguardless of when you bought your card, or when it was made, and 24/7 free tech support (the only nVIDIA-based company to do so). Also, many of their employees are hardcore gamers and PC enthusiasts, so they're always passionate about their job and what they do.

I have had both and I prefer evga. They have a great program called Step-Up. So if any new cards come out within 3 months of when you bought your card you could just get the new one and only have to pay the difference between the two. Of course BFG has a great waranty that includes overclocking so if you screw up your card because of overclocking you can still get a new one.

Thanks, I think I may probably end up getting the eVGA one. Seems like a good choice with the warranty and the stepup program which is kinda cool.
Thanks for the help though.

Chris

Yeah, the Step-Up program is neat. I'm thinking if I should get the new 7800GTX 512MB through this program. I have until 90 days (last week of February 2006) to upgrade. Come on nVidia, come oout with something new already. 7800's getting old.

I'm looking at their Step-Up variety's now and they're 7800GTX 256MB is all backordered!! A lot of people are doing this.

Terms and Conditions:

The EVGA Step-Upâ„¢ Program is available to all EVGA graphics card customers who purchased their graphics cards on or after 1 FEB 2004, and are within 90 days of their purchase date (based on their invoice). Customers who received their EVGA graphics card as part of a complete computer system are not eligible - except for those listed on our approved system vendor list.

Participants in the EVGA Step-upâ„¢ Program are entitled to exercise one (1) upgrade event during the span of the program, per eligible graphics card.

The duration of the EVGA Step-upâ„¢ Program is limited to 90 days after the date of purchase (the purchase date shown on the invoice).

As long as the participant has not shipped out the trade-in video graphics adapter, the Step-Up transaction may be cancelled and all fees and/or charges concerning the Step-Up Upgrade will be refunded. However, once the participant's trade-in video graphics adapter has been received by EVGA, the Step-Up transaction can no longer be cancelled.

The participant's trade-in video graphics adapter must be fully functional, and include the original receipt or invoice from EVGA or your vendor, be in its original packaging, with all CDs, and manuals, and be in resellable condition. Should these conditions not be met, the applicable value of the trade in card will be reduced by 15%.

When you submit your application to take advantage of the Step-upâ„¢ Program, you will be required to select and purchase your upgrade video card at that time. Your purchase price will be reduced by the amount equal to the original purchase price of the graphics card that you are trading in. Because this value is initially entered by you, it will be subject to review by EVGA - who may elect to add or remove additional charges based on the accuracy of the original application. Also, the Step-Up upgrade cannot be used with any other offers or promotions.

The EVGA Step-Up Program is limited to residents of the Continental US and Canada only.

After you have applied, selected your upgrade card, and made your upgrade purchase; you will need to fax or email your original invoice or receipt to EVGA. You will also need to ship your old video card to EVGA at this time.

After EVGA confirms your application information against your faxed or emailed invoice, and receives your old video card, we will ship out your new graphics card.

Once the Step-Up upgrade card has been shipped from EVGA, the upgrade process has been deemed to be complete. No refunds will be allowed for Step-Up upgrade purchases.

Each of these steps will come with complete instructions via email as you complete each part of the Step-upâ„¢ Program process.

EVGA retains the right to revoke or revise the EVGA Step Up Service at will. If so, participants shall be informed through the EVGA website within 15 days prior to any such change.

Those who qualify for the Step Up Program will be required to ship their old graphics card before EVGA will issue the upgrade video card. EVGA does not offer any form of cross-shipping.

If you have any questions about the preceding Step Up policy, please contact our Customer Service or by calling 888-881-eVGA (3842) option 3. Customer Service can be reached anytime Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:00AM to 5:30PM PST.

--another reason why you always keep the original packaging.

Back
Top Bottom