Top 10 reasons Intel will not participate in the Dual Core Duel

But honnestly it was a joke. AMD made ajoke. There is obvious tension between the two companies, so AMD used that to "make a funny". arrizx please stop maknig random statements that are unbacked and unproven, and if you are please say IMO. Intel, according to several sources, MAY have threatened the ceo's of Dell, Sony, Toshiba, and ACER. Notice how none of those companies use the AMD cpu. Now, realise that they Intel sells those companies the cpus, so if they offend them by buying AMD chips, Intel threatens to hack up the prices at which they sell their cpus to them. Thus, an unfiar business tatic was used. I put what actually happened into a simple way of looknig at it missing some finer details. These companies most liekly would be selling the same or more desktops if they incooperated amd into their line up, but the price hit intel would give them would be collasal.

-Intel cheats (according to sources) IMO
-AMD takes light of the situation to make a joke
==
funnyyyyyy

Also, to make Intel look bad, South Korea even jumped in with the lawsuit against them. Although that was a while ago.

Yeah and here's the official complaint:

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/DownloadableAssets/AMD-Intel_Full_Complaint.pdf

Intel is faced with forcing major customers to accept exclusive deals. They were withholding rebates and marketing subsidies as a means of punishing customers who buy more than prescribed quantities of processors from AMD. Intel was hreatening retaliation against customers doing business with AMD and they were also establishing quotas keeping retailers from selling the computers they want. Intel is also accused of forcing PC makers to boycott AMD product launches.

Just a side note:

Microsoft confirms that it is canceling development of a Windows operating system for the Itanium 2 microprocessor. That has got to put a blow to Intel.

TreeHugger said:
arrizx please stop maknig random statements that are unbacked and unproven, and if you are please say IMO.
um.. sure..

Thus, an unfiar business tatic was used.

Ok, "IMO" the business world revolves around competition.. So i dont see why "threatening to hacking up the prices" is so unfair. Its just competition, that IMO it seems like they are winning with computer manufactures, i fail to see where its unfair. Its just the business world. And it doesnt only happen with Amd, and Intel... IMO of course..

the top 10 reasons from AMD was pretty funny, but after skimming these posts that people made, that list pales in comparison.

TRDCorolla said:
Microsoft confirms that it is canceling development of a Windows operating system for the Itanium 2 microprocessor. That has got to put a blow to Intel.

Ouch.

I'll also add something about this... Microsoft announced that Windows Vista won't arrive until Q3-Q4 of 2006, and Internet Explorer 7 won't be available until early 2006 (which was originally set for the end of this year).

intel is stupid bribing 6-8 companies.......i lost respect for them. GO AMD.

***read the document arrizx it will be good for you.

Back
Top Bottom