compatible? Am I missing anything?

GreatHype

Daemon Poster
I've got all these computer parts picked out and I think they are all compatible. But I'm not sure.

-Turtle Beach CATALINA 8 (7.1) Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card sound card
-XFX PVT64KUAF7 Geforce FX5200 256MB DDR PCI Video Card video card
-GeIL Value 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory memory sticks
-Intel Pentium 4 660 Prescott 800MHz FSB 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 EM64T Processor processor
-ASPIRE X-CRUISE -BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case comp case
-ASUS P5RD1-VM Socket T (LGA 775) ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard mobo
-SONY Black 16X DVD-ROM 52X CD-R 32X CD-RW 52X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE Combo Drive disc drive
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA NCQ ST3120827AS 120GB 7200 RPM 8M Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive HD
-SAMSUNG Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Model SFD321B/LBL1 floppy drive
-ASPIRE See-Through ATX-AS500W BK12V ATX Daul12V (V2.03) / SLI compliant 500W Power Supply 115/230 V CB IEC 950/ TUV EN 60950/ UL 1950/ CSA 950 PSU
-Microsoft Windows XP Professional X64 Edition

It will all cost about 1070 bucks. Your help is much appreciated.
I am using a PCI vid card and it will be used for gaming. I hope all the links work.

1st, try to post some links to the product so we don't need to find them ourselves.

So is that an AGP or a PCI vid card. If it's AGP then it won't work.

And what are u going to use this computer for?

and a power supply would do wonders. Unless there is one that comes with the case.

First off, what's your max budget? If I were you, I would get a creative sound card. They are a much more reputable compnay and their products are outstanding. I have never heard of this company before and I don't think that's a good thing considering that I keep up very well with companies, products, etc. That mobo has 1 pci express slot. You have a pci card. Wrong there buddy. Pci is terrible performance compared to a pci ex. I know that you know you are using a pci card, but, trust me, if you're going to be gaming and you don't want to have to upgrade your vid. card anytime soon, it would save you money in the long run to by a pci ex. vid. card now and be able to use it for a long time, specifically a 6600gt or even a 6800gs. Otherwise, very nice stuff. I like that psu.

btw... if this pc is going to be for gaming, have you ever considered using amd? Those cpu's are the best in the field of gaming, and would suit your needs... I have used both intels and amd's in my life and, trust me, amd's rock the house in gaming. That intel is good, but it's not exactly future proof. If you want to upgrade to dual cores when they are a lot cheaper, you'll need a whole new mobo and a new cpu. For amd, socket 939 that is, all you need to do is get a new cpu and upgrade the bios. Simple... so, if you want amd, respond, and I'll give you some links.

Thanks for the help I'll take a look at the AMD one, budget really isnt my problem at this point its the putting it all together thing thats my weak area.

GreatHype said:
Thanks for the help I'll take a look at the AMD one, budget really isnt my problem at this point its the putting it all together thing thats my weak area.

Are u doing any gaming. Because if budget isn't a problem and u play some quite new games u should get a better vid card than the fx5200.
I'd suggest a 6800GS, it's a very good card and doesn't cost that much. If u think that u need a better one then go for the 7800 series. If u don't want to spend $200 on the 6800GS then get a 6600GT for like $140.

I really do not recommend the fx5200, the computer that i'm using right now uses one and i get horrible benchmarks on 3dmark03. you should check out the eVGA 6800GS.. it's alot cheaper then the 6800GT and it performs just about the same

aaagghhh then I have to find a new processor. OK, I'll find one then I clear everything up with the new updates.

Back
Top Bottom