ASROCK 775DUAL-880PRO >>AGP IS BAD<<?

OtakuBakaA

In Runtime
This is a dual video motherboard, it can support AGP and PCIE, my friend said that the AGP is temporary meaning that after 6 months or so it can damage your AGP card or such. Is this true? i really want to know before hand, because i want to purchase this motherboard, but i dont want to get something that is faulty.

ASROCK 775DUAL-880PRO LGA775/PT880Pro/DDR1+DDR2/PCI-Express mboard CPU TypeIntel Pentium EE/Pentium 4 HT/Pentium D FSB 1066/800MHz Number of DDR Slots 2x 184pin DDR Maximum Memory Supported 2GB Onboard USB Connectors

THANKS!!!

I never heard of that before. THere's no reason why the AGP port should go bad on a motherboard unless if there's a short somewhere or you physically abuse it. Maybe what he's trying to say is the AGP will become obsolete in 6 months? Since PCI-e is pretty much standard now, there really is no use for AGP anymore except for people that are still running on an AGP graphics card.

Yeah, I've never heard of that too. Also, the ULi chipset on that motherboard is pretty good and has gotten great reviews. AGP, PCI-E and Serial ATA 3.0Gb/s (aka SATAII) are supported on that motherboard for a really good price (I think newegg.com has it for about $60-$70)

Back
Top Bottom