Moniter help please..

Stampy

Baseband Member
Ok... I recieved my new moniter recently, and im having a few problems. When I hook everyhting up properly, and then turn on my moniter, the light goes green next to the power button, and sounds like its going to work. Then, a few seconds into this process it makes 2 click sounds, and then the light turns from green to orange, and dosnt display anything. The whole time this happens the screen is completely black with no image. Im just wondering why this is, and if it was a mistake to Buy a IBM Moniter to go along with my GateWay PC?

Oh, and dont ask for my specs... just please tell me some common problems and why this may be. Thanks.

Did you check to make sure that the connection of the monitor is plugged in fully? Did you push it in all the way? I had a similar problem earilier where the screen just displayed the color green, but it turned out that I hadn't of plugged the monitor connection all the way in. This could be your problem. Did you buy the monitor new or used? It could just be a faulty monitor. So, if you check the connections and all are good, and you still get the problem, contact IBM and, if it's under the warranty, they should send a new one. I hope this helps...

I guess it's a faulty monitor then. IBM monitors should work with gateway's. There's no reason that they shouldn't If it's under the warranty send it in and have them send you another one or something along those lines. Has your vid. card worked recently? I'm not asking for your specs, just wondering if your vid. card has been issue-free. If your vid. card is good and everything, then yes, it's the monitor.

Actually the vid. card is brand new along with the computer, never used. So it could be anything really. I will send the moniter back though. Thanks anyways...

Back
Top Bottom