Comp Temp

kadaw

Baseband Member
Just looking for your opnion on my computer temp.
I just got everest.
Its usualy at 40-41'c and under load [firefox,aim,CS:S, im guessing thats load.. im a noob so im not sure of the terms and such yet :confused: lol]
it goes to 57-60'c. <- o and thats just the CPUs.

Like I said, Im a noob, just started modding, or should i say want to mod my computer.. its stock, the info should be in my sig. Soooo haha I am j/w if thats normal temps.

Quite high but I'm guessing that u have a presscot which run hot. Just don't do any big oc'ing if u are not planning on gettin better cooling.
Try checking ur idle temps from the bios, it's the most accurate way of checking temps.

Yeah it kinda high. For your first mod u could try and add a couple more fans :D

Its a Vaio, so the parts are pretty cramped, right? The temperatures are fine then.

I think I might have an idea for your mod, could I have a link to the Viao on the Sony website?

^If your asking for a link to my actual model, its not there anymore, or I couldn't find it.
[I bought this computer 2-3 years ago]
And THANKS to everone for your opnion/answers!!!!!.
Lol and i have more, with the VAIO components[sp?] can i buy a case, and juss move all that in to the new case?.. because Im not sure if it fits, i was just going to customs cut and mod the VAIO case. hah

O BTW I dont really plan on over clocking it, atleast I just wanna buy more RAM and more HDDGigs, I just got CS:S, I do mostly WebSite design and such. I was just wounder about the temp b/c it seem hot, yet I never know what a computer CPU should run at tho. hah Sooooo I was j/w. I might just get a better case[IF I CAN SO MAYBE YOU GUYS CAN HELP ME IF IT FITS] or just add more fans. hah WOW I Write alot.

EDIT:So how do I check the temp. from the BIOS? Its diff. from everest??
AGAIN THANKS everyone im glad I found this Forums and nice peeps to help :D

kadaw said:
So how do I check the temp. from the BIOS? Its diff. from everest??
AGAIN THANKS everyone im glad I found this Forums and nice peeps to help :D

Go to the bios (some F-button or delete when the computer is starting up, it will say something like "press F2 to boot into bios") Then just try to find temps somewhere in there, not all biosses show them.
And most likely the temps are different than what everest tells u.
My everest says that my vid card is running at 45C but my nVidia display thingy shows me 39C.

Back
Top Bottom