Advice on a good laptop for "Gaming"?

terrynad

Solid State Member
Anyone can give advice on a good quality laptop for gaming? I'm looking for one that has a 17 inch bright screen, a good video card for most games (maybe 128 MB or a good 64MB). I'm also hoping for a reasonable price around $1200 to $1500. Is that possible for a good quality laptop? and if so, it would help if you know where I can buy it but it's ok if you don't.

I dont think I would go with a laptop for gaming. I dunno I just dont think the screen resolution is very good. My bro used to have a pretty nice emachine one and the resolution was noticeably worse than my emachines desktop. It could be called something else besides resolution though.

No offense but i don't really like emachines, always had problems with them.

For my gaming laptop computer a fujitsu is good, matter for fact i am typing from it. I play WoW, CS:S, HL:S, CS:CZ...lots o' stuff. Great laptop.

Specs:
75 GB
ATI 512 RAM
x600 PCI-E
Intel Centrino.

Bought a dell latitude (newer version) off of www.craigslist.org for a small 4 hundred fee.... It runs CS 1.6 at 60 fps with vsync on becuase I want a steady amount of fps.

Centrino P4 2.0GHz
Mobility Radeon 7500
512 RAM

Good laptop. But I HATE laptops, and I HATE gaming Laptops. What are you going to do with a gaming laptop seriously?? They're over priced and have no battery life and not a very big screen. They usually suck anyways, and with battery lfe, don't expect it to use any of it's hardware. On battery, mine uses it's integrated graphics.

ouch.. 1500 mark eh? you might JUST slip by with the 9700pro ... they do have cheaper laptops, but you gotta do some diggin..

my advice would be, dont get a laptop fpr gaming! but of course its your choice

If you want a gaming laptop, you have to get a big fat heavy laptop, which isn't a laptop, but a desktop replacement.

Check out MV though, they do a laptop with a 6800 Go and Pentium M which isn't too big

If u can afford a toshiba , even get it used... there well made... good laptops own a few in my family ... there very nice just get one with deticated graphics memory and the screen qaulity is great.... just take a walk in best buy

Back
Top Bottom