mobos and tower cases

GreatHype

Daemon Poster
I've been searching new egg for about an hour now and I haven't been able to find a mobo that will (from looking at it) fit into any of the tower cases I want. If any of you have any reccomendations on mobos and cases that are compatible please tell me.

well.. the mobo depends on the video card/ram/cpu that you're planning to get so you're going to have to figure that out first.

arrizx said:
Almost any mobo, will fit in any tower... as far as i know..

well if you look at the cases the mouse and key board ports are on top, then its the USB and ethernet ports, then its the monitor port, then the sound ports. Then on the mobo the mouse and keyboard port is to the far left, then the monitor port is next to that on the right, then next to that is the USB and ethernet ports, then the sound ports. The monitor and USB ports are switched around.

Well i suppose, but for the most part as a general rule of thumb its all gonna fit..

ok now I'm really confused about what Marx said. I have an ATX mid tower picked out. I also have an ATX mobo picked out (which is compatible with the rest of the stuff i got) but the ports still dont line up right! I have no clue whats going on. Can you move the ports around on the mobo?

No, you can't. The case is probably messed up then. If the case specifies that it is ATX compatible, then any motherboard that is an ATX form factor should fit. Unless the case is a cheap case, I don't see how it could be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom