WTF?? Virus from legit site?... please help..

Half Evil

Golden Master
Http://www.mail.com/

I stumbled on this site, and saw the messager, that works like aim, and msn, and yahoo, all in one.. So, my question is.. Is it like fraud. Because i tried to download it. And Avg says Trojan Virus found. And asks what i wanna do with it. So is it because this is unknown to Avg, or is it really a virus..? And if it is, what else could i use with Aim, and Msn at once?

i thought mail.com was a very respectable site, i used to use it.... id take a guess and say AVG is being a bizatchh

But can i afford to take that guess. I mean what if it just absolutly kills my hard drive... i mean that would suck..

even if its a virus, its most probably not a "killer" lol prolly some lame cheap spyware. why would somebody take the time to put a huge virus that'll destroy your computer at mail.com........ yet i'm the kind of guy that would be like hey what the hell if its a virus i'll just FORMAT :D but i doubt its a virus lol yet ive been wrong before :S

EDIT: Depends how much you really want this program haha

yeah, im not the kinda person that is just like OMG!! FORMAT... because you can.. lol. :p nah, i might try it... hmm..

ive lost thousands of music files + all my photos from like 5 years like 4 times in a row.... while not having any backups.... i cant tell you how pissed off you will get loosing years of pictures oyu never backedup.... now i can take anything that the internet will shoot at me

EDIT: IT says its a trojen horse... but then a download manager or wtv.... i think avg is just over reacting becuase your downloading the program to connect to mail.com server to download the acctuall program lol

hey i did you a favour.... i downloaded the file myself and heres what it is

it is not a virus
it contains the program advertised

but with a little present.... some good ol' spyware ! thanks to MS anti-spyware it stopped it before it installed it self :) thx microsoft!

Back
Top Bottom