music files make boot slow

GreatHype

Daemon Poster
I currently have 4.6 gigs of music files on my computer. What I wanted to know is if its possible for this to make the start-up of my computer run slow. I have all-in-one secretmaker but its not making start-up much faster. Tell me what you think.

Hmm. Have you tried a disk Defragment? Maybe you have spyware and/or adware? Try downloading Adaware or Spybot: Search and Destory. Also, go into start, run, type MSConfig, then press the startup tab, and uncheck everything you think you don't need at startup. Don't stop any of the Windows Programs though.

I've done disk defrag about 3 times in 2 years. I have Norton anti virus, spyware doctor, spy sweeper, and pop washer. I'll try scrapping some start-up programs.

Here's the thing:

1) a good defrag is once every week

2) a good AV is not Norton, but avast and all that. Don 't use Spyware doctor, it takes so long to boot Windws b/c of it...I'd say Ad-Aware SE

3)Ok

google : Bootvis
download it, run it, it'll restart do some tests, and speeds up your start up. my Windows Loading screen lasts only about 3 seconds now :) its a microsoft program 2!!!

Okay, like the poster above said, it's good to defragment very often. In my case, I actually schedule a defragment every morning.

Second off, I'd clean up my startup entries if I were you. Almost any anti-virus program is bound to make bootup slower, and sometimes significantly. Also, don't have any spyware applications load on startup. That will dramatically increase startup time, and the shields aren't that great anyhow, IMO. If you do want the shields though, boot it up yourself after Windows starts.

yea when starting up i usualy cut it down to the minimum and turn on the programs in which i want. i dont know why but some days i just dont want certain programs starting up.... give you a feeling of control over your computer :D

Thanks for all your help. I just did turn off some of the start-up programs and everything seems to be fine.

Back
Top Bottom