building a computer... price check

kchi55

Fully Optimized
I'm building my first comp, new to prices.. need help.. also if my psu is good enough.
AMD Athlon X2 3800+
ASUS A8N-E nForce4 Ultra
NZXT Trinity (Black)
Hitachi Deskstar 250 GB SATAII
eVGA 6800GS Graphics Card
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit
Dual Channel 2x512 Corsair Value Select
Windows XP Home OEM
Aspire 520Watt PSU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817148008 (power supply)

it comes out to around $1,099.00 USD... worth it or no?.. input on the PSU please.

go for it man. looks real nice. i dont see any problems. tho i just skimmed over it

GREEN%20LIGHT.jpg

PSU will work fine with what you have. Overall, everything looks good. GS video card rocks. Are you sure that's the sound card you want? It's pretty old, but it will work. If you are a sound nut, go with an Audigy 2 ZS or X-Fi. The price difference is barely noticeable. Then get a Z-5500 speaker system. Get ready for ultra movie theater sound with complete DTS and THX support (built in decoder). If that sounds too extreme, which it is, I'm just getting carried away because of my awesome experience with my new sound system. The DTS on these speakers are actually higher quality with greater enhancements than traditional DTS decoding. So yay.

If you don't care that much about sound, then forget what I just said there.

i have the z-5300e's and they rockkkkkkkkkkkk i think the 5500s are overkill.... its like 600 bucks cnd i bought these babys for 200 cnd and ohhh meee gawwwd can these babys play a movie.

I only got a sound card because I wanted to free up processing on my mobo, instead of leaching it's capabilities by using onboard audio. The sound that I'm getting from my crappy Dell Dimension3000 is enough for me, so I'm sure that an actual sound card will be more than enough for my ears. Btw the part about the psu is good to hear lol

Yeah, everything looks really good with what you have. Start on it and let us know how the build goes.

I paid $250 USD for my Z-5500. I considered the Z-5300's but for $100 more, I get more power and full range of sound enhancements. It comes with two controllers, one that directly connects the speakers to the sound card (the LCD display one) and the other one, a stand alone remote control. Every channel is adjustable which is nice. A nice range of sounds. Oh, the subwoofer is HUGE!!! It's almost as big as my mini refrigerator.

Wow thats gonna be an awesome computer. I like the case you chose it has gotten really good reviews and it has excellent cooling. And the AMD athlon X2's are good cpus.

kyleman999 said:
i have the z-5300e's and they rockkkkkkkkkkkk i think the 5500s are overkill.... its like 600 bucks cnd i bought these babys for 200 cnd and ohhh meee gawwwd can these babys play a movie.

Actually, the z5500's are NOT overkill. I heard both the 5300s, the 5500s, the kilpsch ultras, the creative 7.1s, and many other home theater sound systems... haha... the 5500s just beat them all. I have a very good ear and from what I heard, in my own ear, was the clarity of sound, the range of the bass, and the quality and components of the 5500s were just amazing. Sure, a $100 or so more than the 5300s, but, in the long run, the sound quality can't be beat.

Back
Top Bottom