Computer won't turn on after warmed up, help please!

rabbi1

Beta member
OK this is my issue, after the computer has been shut down anywhere from 5 seconds - 15 minutes it won't turn on.. all the fans turn on, i get a little hard drive activity and that's it. it doesn't make it to the bios screen, the monitor doesn't even turn on. but there's a little twist.. it will turn on fine if i immediately turn the pc back on after shut down, or a hard reboot.

i think the pc was on a bad outlet.. no ground or something.. could this be damage done to the motherboard? or the power supply?

specs are
tyan mpx w/ dual mp2800+ on zalmann heatsinks
enermax whisper power supply 430w
1gb ecc ram

thanks for any help guys!

When you 1st turn on your Pc are you getting the bios beep, cause if your not..then something must be loose.

Check all your connections: IDE cables and ram, make shure they are seated properly.Can you get to safemode ? when you boot up the computer, depending on the comp. you have..

try hitting the delete key or f1 or f2 to get to bios, then check all the settings, that is if you can get this far..

if all else fails, try another PSU and see if that helps.

I don't think it's the PSU...
I think it's the MB, especially if the fans are cutting on!

Sounds like there's a short somewhere on your MB...
See if the connector to the power switch (not the PSU itself!) is plugged in completely. If it is, try checking out a new MB.

umm i woul cheack bios first, b4 getting a NEW MOBO. If u can get int osafe mode all is well. I would suggest trying new psu, and outlet. And check oyu ram and cpu etc etc for connections and placement.

Back
Top Bottom