nvidia nforce4 and geforce forceware drivers

Siphon

Baseband Member
is the current forceware driver for video cards, 81.95, better than the 77.77 version?

also, should i keep my nforce4 chipset driver updated? or are there some sort of bugs in the new ones. my nforce4 chipset driver is version 5.1 and the new version is 6.70

I actually just downloaded the new drivers (81.95) for my GeForce MX4000 that is in a cheap celeron and the drivers seem to be on point. I would say that they are better. The only thing is that you have to remove your old drivers before you download the new drivers.

did you see any changes from the driver? like performance wise, i.e. you got more points on 3dmark?

anyone else hear anything? i need to know more about the forceware and the chipset driver updates too.

well concerning games and accourding to a lot of people, 81.95 boosts performance in "world of warcraft", but lately I've been playing "star wars: knights of the old republic 2" and this game will not run on 81.95 with dual core systems. Apparently, nvidia introduced multithreading optimizations that broke this game on systems like that, so I had to go back to 78.01. The game developers are supposed to patch that, but you know how slow they are when you're not paying a monthly subscription. I guess it depends on what you're playing, but I heard that there's a noticeable difference in performance in a lot of games (especially with the nvidia 5 series ). Some people reported no difference though (mostly 6 series).

Back
Top Bottom