Can this be justified?

Perhaps...

It's illegal to host anyone elses intelectual property without their permission...

this includes..
Files. (whether played or embedded or linked for download
Extracts from themes (that are longer than a certain sample length)
Midi files
sheet music
tablature music
and lyrics...

Some people get away with it by altering them slightly. for instance Olga.net has lots of guitar tabs, but they are all written by people as improvisations of well known songs, and are not (or should not) be coppied directly from a book.

the law sucks.

that is a piece of rubbish! i mean, i play the piano, and when i have a song stuck in my head, i use these sites to get the chords for the song i want to play... how the hell is doing that illegal! i mean these sites arents selling the chords or lyrics, they arent doing anything bad!!!

They just had some lawyers arouund doing nothing wasting their dollars. So they'd gave them a job. Now there sueing. Lawyers are the scum of the earth. Frankly if I had the ambition I'd host one for the hell of it. What they going do stuff me in a prisoncell just cause I listed lyrics??? I highly doubt this willa ffect many poeple. They said they cracking down on illegal music DLs. I know at least 100 poeple who dl things along those lines. They know others none of them know of one that got into legal trouble. Also if your in a different country then what that person is what they going do take you to international court?? Sure they go tmore pressing issues then that.

wow I think they are just being very greedy. My brother uses those sites all the time when he wants to find guitar tabs for a song he heard.

Back
Top Bottom