Help with using gmail account with msn messenger

EricM

Daemon Poster
Ok so since my hotmail account was being stupid with msn and it wouldnt allow me on anymore I am using my gmail account on msn messenger but I was wondering if the button to go to your inbox can still work and the same with email updates. Using hotmail if u click the mail button it will take you to your inbox and if u recieve an email it will give u an alert... i was wondering if this is possible with a gmail account.

No, as far as im aware ..no.

I would like to know aswell but i dont think theres any way to change that.
Unless you change the settings somehow..somewhere..

When you go to the new mail throught msn where does that take you?
Instead of going to gmail?
<edit>
Sometimes it diffrent..So i would like to know why..

Nope ... if you want that kind of feature, download yourself the Google toolbar, download the Gmail Notifier or just configure your email client seeing as though Gmail gives us free POP access :)

dyserq said:
or just configure your email client seeing as though Gmail gives us free POP access :)

To do that would you have to change your default email, eg: If it was outlook or etc etc? Is that what you mean?

EricM said:
Ok so since my hotmail account was being stupid with msn and it wouldnt allow me on anymore I am using my gmail account on msn messenger but I was wondering if the button to go to your inbox can still work and the same with email updates. Using hotmail if u click the mail button it will take you to your inbox and if u recieve an email it will give u an alert... i was wondering if this is possible with a gmail account.

It's possible with messsenger plus www.msgplus.net

This is precisely the reason I have Msn hotmail plus and I use an email address ending with @msn.com

I am on msn messenger all day and I need to be able to get alerts whenever i receive email.. I use thunderbird for all other email accounts

webmonkey said:

Thats hard and confusing that way, i tryed that and i stuff it all up, i must of been doing something wrong..somehow :|

Lil_Tammy said:
It's possible with messsenger plus www.msgplus.net

No it isnt'

EVILISCIOUS said:
This is precisely the reason I have Msn hotmail plus and I use an email address ending with @msn.com

I am on msn messenger all day and I need to be able to get alerts whenever i receive email.. I use thunderbird for all other email accounts

Dont you have to pay for hotmail plus?

And you can't get alerts with what dyserq was talking about?
Gmail Notifier..
(i just got myself a lil confused..heh)

Back
Top Bottom