Questions from The Questioned...

DAMAGED

Beta member
Hi people!

Answer if you can...

1)My computer literally just instantly shuts off on me doing anything.... IE/ I'm on MSN chatting and then "poof!" it shuts off like someone pulled the plug. Is this harddrive (vidcars,mobo, cpu, etc) or power supllie problems? Is you have answer explain what I should do.

2) When you want to clean your computer out or something becuase there is a bunch of ad-ware really pissing you off or a virus that just won't be detected by anything, do they stick to the memory harddrive or do they actually stick to processing hard drives (mobos, vids, sounds, cpus, memopry sticks, etc)?

3)What's a great video card around the range of 200-250 dolla that would out beat my RadeonATI 9600, 256mb?

4)What can I do to reset my computer back to the start (speed, memory, performance, condition(harddrive like), etc) like I first bought it?

5) Is this forum a good place to get help or give advice?

2) They stick to the hard drive, unless it's one hell of a virus :)

3) Get the 6800GT or 6800XT, most GSes are sold out and the GS is probably over your budget.

4) You'd have to format it, and lose everything.

5) Both :)

1. Specs please! But I'd gues it's either a virus or faulty ram. Could be other stuff too.

2. what prosser13 said

3. 6800GS. And prosser13, the GS is alot cheaper than the GT :p

4. what prosser13 said

5. must agree with prosser13 on this one too

1. Mostly likely a shortage in your power supply. I might recommend buying a new one.
2. Try using Ad-Ware spyware remover. Google it its free. Also try defraging your rig and disk clean-up. That would help if you don't want to reformat.
3. Nvidia 6800gt or 6800gs or ATI X800GTO (thats pretty much like a 6800).
4. Format (back up everything)
5. If you take my advice then yes.

Back
Top Bottom