High capacity hard drive

Yeah. I bet every business had one of these. I can see them just going OMG! it can hold ALL my documents.. AMAZING!

Now we cant even fill up the ones we have now, that we get for less then a fraction of the price..

Haha.. that's pretty funny. But, seriously, in popular science mag, I read about a new type of storage. Vertical storage. Imagine 10gb of memory for your phone, or 1tb of space on a normal user's desktop....

Isn't that when they stack the bits vertically instead of placing them side by side horizontally? It's a new way of storing info which increases storage and performance.

Well, i do know that the military has this memory cell jell thing. Unlimted storage is the rumor. i mean its possible but logical? maybe. But just think i mean the miliary has got to have some insane stuff. i mean i know its better then the home user stuff. when i mean better, i mean there about 20 years advance, in what they have compared to what is released from the public.. hell i dont know.. i heard it all from a friend. Also heard about this Oc43 that the government has.. its like a 1.3 gb connection.. still rumors for what i heard. dont get mad at me if im wrong..

well holograpphic storage is already on the market isnt it?

it uses glass blocks to store data.

the glass blocks are like $2 and the reader (NOT writer) is like thousands and thousands! lol might be a while til it becomes more of a house hold thing!

Back
Top Bottom