Fan Problem

cpucooler

Solid State Member
I Am Wondering about if my fan is doing this because i am running on a wireless Linksys card and my wireless card keeps cutting me off the internet for like 10 seconds and it irritates me because some times i am playing counter strike and it takes me out of the game due to this fan issue i am having please reply quicky
a.s.a.p
Thx
Brandon

My wireless card does that too, and what fan are you talking about. I don't really know how a fan could interfere with the signal transfer.

I dont really see how the fan is going to mess with the network card so I wouldn't worry about that. Make sure you've dusted out your PCI slots well and make sure the card is also clean. Try positioning the antenna in different ways as well

Lastly, dumb question, but is it your wireless card or the internet itself? Because i used to think it was my card but when I surfed the internet on our main directly connected computer, I realized I was experiencing the same problems... Turned out to be a modem problem.

well dosen't the wireless card need to cool down??? and i'm sure that the wireless card is well cleaned barly bought new 1 and internets just fine the direct connected 1 some times does not want to go on line but i can go on but im just wondering how can my modem be messed up anyways i am sure pci slows are clean always dust out my comp every month

I really don't think wireless cards get that hot, certainly not enough so to make the connection go down for a couple of minutes... Do you by chance have any spyware that you know of?

i don't know any spyware i should have because i got spyware removeal and my comp does get hot after doing alot of stuff on it for long periods of time

Mine doesn't have a fan, doesn't get hot, and it randomely frops too. That's just how it does, but it works great for $3.00, thanks to compusa's black friday deal. The antenna positioning is crucial tho, the slightest movement really changes the signal strength.

Back
Top Bottom