AMD processor question

well...i just ordered the parts....3 day UPS shipping...i'll let you know when they ship it....then i'll tell you when i get it so i can get help if i need it

Did you end up getting the dvd writer? The x2 3800+ was an excellent choice and like said above i think it will last you til 2008-2009. Although there may need to be some minor upgrading in that time.

no...i kept the cd burner because i don't even use my cd drive now......i just copy songs right onto my mp3 player...I don't copy movies.....Its just there if i want to listen to a song on my computer really...and maybe if my bro wants me to burn something for him

just an update for y'all.....everything should be here no later than thursday...so i may need to talk to some of you on aim or yahoo if i'm having any issues....it;ll help a lot to be able to talk to you all

You're still waiting for them parts? I'm in the process of some upgrades too, haha. I hope to get mine in the middle of this week. Now, looking for a good LCD gaming monitor. I've got an idea what I want to get, but need some moolah first.

wow...thats kinda funny....i guess you could say we could all use a little more money....Its something we have to stop being so greedy about.....i really think our society relys to much on lust and money rather than making friends and relying on God to let his work be done(i'm baptist if anyone is wondering)....my life has been so much better becasue of him and i think everyone should at least be willing to hear what people have to say before they become jerks and laugh because you're a jesus freak....sorry...just got carried away..but thats my opinion....

I figured with all these new games I have, my little monitor and 6600GT card is being pushed to the limit. My monior supports a lower resolution which sucks bad. That is one of the primary reason to upgrade to a new 19" LCD monitor. The 15" does no justice to a high performance video card. I don't like having two monitor either and what a waste that would be. I'm going to try selling it to some people and use some of that money to help me get the new monitor I need. I'm slowly revamping my PC. What's next? Better CPU perhaps? Sky's the limit and Christmas bonus coming too, oh yeah.

UPDATE!!!!!
well today i just recieved everything i need to get my new beauty up and running except the cd drive and floppy.....that'll come thursday....UPS got it to me 2 days early...so now i have at the moment
AMD 64 X2 3800+
Abit AN8 ultra mobo...w/ U guru
Patriot signature series (2x512)
ATI Radeon X300SE
Seagate barracuda 80GB serial ATA

I'll let you all know when i get everything up and running....thats all for now

TRDCorolla said:
You can post what parts you want and I can give you my opinion on it. These days, there's so many new stuff coming out. But I'm sure whatever you pick will last three years easily. What helps me in my state of mind is this: think of what came out in the past and see how the technology has increased from that point. These days, a Pentium 2 is unheard of and that technology expired in 1999 when the P3 came out so that makes it like what? 6 years old? I would cut that by half because of software/hardware capabilities now.
HEY! Im using a P2, so it isn't unheard of :p

Well everything is up and running now....I just have to update the windows security....also My cpu runs at around 20 degrees celcius....thanks for all the help..

Back
Top Bottom