hard drive prob

ASSEMBLER

In Runtime
i have just installed windows o/s on my sata drive and now want to put my 2 ide drives as backups. but if i set them both to slave the system still boots my old o/s system on my old drive.is it possible to run three drives and is this problem because i have still got the old o/s on my ide drive.

I'm assuming you've jumpered: Sata = Primary, IDE's = Slave ?

Also, you need to change the boot priority sequence in your Bios such that your machine boots off the SATA first. If you were booting off the IDE before then the BIOS will continue to do that, even though the SATA is the MAster

i have not jumpered sata i didn't think you used jumpers for sata drives.but i have set jupers to slave on my ide drives but it still boots the ide.

Go into your BIOS, and look for Advanced BIOS Settings or something like that. Go to Hard drive Boot Sequence, again it may be slightly difference, and put the SATA one to the top. Then, making sure your hard drive is set as the 1st boot device, Save and Exit.

i have finaly solve the problem. i realised that 1 of my backup drives was showing up as c drive and my sata main drive as f and therefore dos boot was looking for c so i decided to take both ide drives out and reload win xp onto sata drive.and formatted both ide drives on another pc.then set frst ide h/d as master 2nd h/d as slave and bingo sata booted my o/s and picked all drives up.but man what a job and my o/s is still not c: its d:but i think that is down to how i partitioned it.thanks guy for all you help

Back
Top Bottom