Xbox 360 and PC question...

Lac3y

Daemon Poster
I've heard somewhere that you can use the xbox360's wired controller on your PC.

Is this true? Do you need to but any extra equipment for it to work?

Cos if it's true it'll blow all current pc controllers away!

I think it's true.
Microsoft will develop a small converter, which u most likely place on an usb port and then attach the controller to it.

It's a nice controller. But pc already has better ones for almost every type of game.

Lac3y said:
I've heard somewhere that you can use the xbox360's wired controller on your PC.

Chances are you'll need Win XP Pro SP2 (or 3 when it comes out, there's a rumour going round about it) or Windows MCE. Any money XP Home and older Windows won't be compatible.

naw, it's not like that. jesus people!!!

okay, microsoft created a replica controller of the xbox 360 controller for the PC and it connects using a usb port. You can also use that same controller for the xbox (wired)

HOWEVER, it doesnt not work the other way around. You CANNOT but an xbox360 specified controller and work it on ur pc, EVEN IF IT IS USB, so buyers beware!!

acekrn said:
naw, it's not like that. jesus people!!!

okay, microsoft created a replica controller of the xbox 360 controller for the PC and it connects using a usb port. You can also use that same controller for the xbox (wired)

HOWEVER, it doesnt not work the other way around. You CANNOT but an xbox360 specified controller and work it on ur pc, EVEN IF IT IS USB, so buyers beware!!

That makes more sense.

it already happened.. even before the launch of the 360... lol. check ur circuit city or best buy shelves under the computer controllers.. perhaps the xbox controllers.. should be there!

That sounds like a cool idea to have an interchangeable controller, I think they should do it

The wired Xbox 360 controller works with any Windows 2000 or XP PC, provided that you have USB 2.0. You don't need any special adapters or anything, the wired variant works with USB and connects to the Xbox 360's USB ports or your PC's USB ports.

Unless you can afford the cost of a good steering wheel (which are expensive, usually), the wired Xbox 360 controller is great for any games, and works with most games (even F.E.A.R. :p), although gamepads are typically better for racing games, since the keyboard and mouse won't work as well.

Back
Top Bottom