psp's

Nila

Baseband Member
Hello :),

As everyone knows Christmas is coming fast and its time for me to finish up shopping. I need to buy a PSP for my boyfriend but I don't know about them or if it has enough memory or something to do the things he wants.

I found a PSP selling at $241.40 includes shipping

Here is the description
Code:
PSP (PlayStation Portable) w/Spider-Man 2 
Portable game Entertainment System, 4.3 inch TFT LCD screen, 32MB Main Memory, IR port and Wi-Fi wireless LAN, Built-in stereo speakers, USB 2.0 

[b]Features[/b]

Discover a whole new way to enjoy gaming and more while you are on the move. The PSP is the first truly integrated handheld system that is designed to handle multiple applications, including games, music, video, communication and wireless networking. Dazzling, high-quality graphics let you enjoy 3D games with full-motion video, while high-fidelity stereo audio delivers amazing sounds and noises.  
     •  The PSP features a 4.3" TFT-LCD screen that incorporates a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio for a captivating view. The newly developed high-capacity optical disc, the Universal Media Disc (UMD), supplies 1.8GB of storage. This package comes with 32MB Memory Stick Duo, headphones with remote control, battery pack, AC adapter, soft case, cleaning cloth and movie/music/game video sampler UMD disc. With a wide range of accessories and connectivity options, including Memory Stick, USB 2.0 port and Wi-Fi wireless LAN, the PSP is an entertainment platform that any lifestyle can enjoy.  
     •  =========================================================  
     •  32MB main memory stores an impressive amount of data  
     •  4.3" TFT-LCD widescreen with 480 x 272 resolution and 16.8 million colors provides sharp pictures and high-quality images  
     •  Maximum luminance includes 180/130/80 cd/m2 (when using battery pack) and 200/180/80 cd/m2 (when using AC adapter) for high picture brightness  
     •  Operative keys/switches include analog stick, enter keys (triangle, circle, cross, square), buttons (directional, left/right, start, select, home, display, sound, volume), power/hold switch, wireless LAN switch and UMD open latch  
     •  Activate wireless communications with infrastructure mode and connect up to 16 consoles in ad hoc mode  
     •  Allows for digital photo display and supports digital music playback in both MP3 and ATRAC formats  
     •  Compact, lightweight design weighs only 0.6 lbs. for easy transport  
     •  Powered by a lithium-ion battery and AC adapter (included)  
     •  Main connectors include Memory Stick Duo slot, USB, DC-out, DC-in 5V and headset  
     •  Specifications:  
     •  Color: Black  
     •  Product Code - PSP-1001K  
     •  Dimensions: Approximately (WxHxD) 6.7 x 2.9 x .9 inches.  
     •  Weight: Approximately 280g / .62 lbs (including battery)  
     •  CPU: PSP CPU (System clock frequency 1 - 333MHz)  
     •  Main Memory : 32MB  
     •  Embeded DRAM : 4MB  
     •  Display  
     •  4.3 inch, 16:9 Wide screen TFT LCD  
     •  480 x 272 pixel, 16.77 million colors  
     •  Maximum luminance 180 / 130 / 80cd/m2 (when using battery pack)  
     •  Maximum luminance 200 / 180 / 130 / 80cd/m2 (when using AC adaptor)  
     •  Sound: Built-in stereo speakers  
     •  Main Input/Output  
     •  IEEE 802.11b (Wi-Fi)  
     •  USB 2.0 (mini-B)  
     •  Memory Stick Duo  
     •  Infrared Port  
     •  Disc Drive: UMD Drive (Read only)  
     •  Main Connectors  
     •  Memory Stick Duo Slot  
     •  USB connector  
     •  DC IN 5V connector  
     •  Headset connector  
     •  Keys/Switches  
     •  Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)  
     •  Analog Stick  
     •  Enter keys (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)  
     •  Left, Right shoulder buttons x 1  
     •  START button, SELECT button, HOME button x 1  
     •  POWER/HOLD switch x 1  
     •  Display button, Sound button, Volume +/- buttons x 1  
     •  Wireless LAN switch (ON/OFF) x 1  
     •  OPEN latch (UMD) x 1  
     •  Power  
     •  Lithium-ion Battery  
     •  AC Adaptor  
     •  PSP Game  
     •  UMD Audio (profile name TBD)  
     •  UMD Video (profile name TBD)  
     •  Codec  
     •  Video UMD: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Main Profile Level3  
     •  Video Memory Stick: MPEG-4 SP, AAC  
     •  Music UMD: linear PCM, ATRAC3plus  
     •  Music Memory Stick: ATRAC3plus, MP3 (MPEG1/2 Layer3)  
     •  Security: (Encryption) 128bit AES (Copyright protection technology) MagicGate  
     •  Access control : Region, Parental Control  
     •  Wireless communications: Infrastructure mode  
     •  IEEE802.11b: Ad hoc mode (connection up to 16 consoles)  
     •  Bonus Pack with Spider-Man™ 2 Movie

Is this a good one to get, and how much games can you put on it? Where is a good place or website to buy some psp games, army and racing games at since I know he likes that sort.

Thank you for your replies!
Nila

Code:
 •  Bonus Pack with Spider-Man™ 2 Movie

When it mentions this, you can watch the Movie on their too?

Nila

all psp's are the same, the amount of games you can put on it are basically the amount of games you own. and you play them off the little cd or whatever the games on. you dont actually put in onto the psp... i dunno can someone explain this a bit better then me...=S

Just buy the cheapest, memory and games are bought seperatly for yet more money...

This psp comes with a movie but we already seen it but I guess he can sell it to his friend. Would this be good for me to get him and what other things would you recommend me getting... what do you want to get?

Nila

Depends. Is he interested in a handheld gaming machine, or a portable media player? Because if you're going for the latter, I would definately avoid the PSP. First of all, it's forte is gaming (obviously). Secondly, the PSP only supports the H.264 (UMD's) and MPEG-4 codecs for video and MP3, MP4, WAV and ATRAC3plus for music. So, if the majority of everything is WMA, DivX or some other format, you'll have to convert it and that takes time and know-how.

Don't get me wrong, though. The PSP is a great machine. For $250 you get a gaming handheld, and a music/video player too. But, it's lack of storage capabilites (I think the max for Memory Stick Duo PRO's are 4gb and they = EXPENSIVE!), and codec support, makes it a bad choice for just a music/video player. Of course, those are the side dishes, and the main thing it concentrates on is gaming, so if that's what you want, get it. I thought I'd let you know that the PSP isn't all it seems (although it does look very, very cool ;) ).

alvino said:
Depends. Is he interested in a handheld gaming machine, or a portable media player? Because if you're going for the latter, I would definately avoid the PSP. First of all, it's forte is gaming (obviously). Secondly, the PSP only supports the H.264 (UMD's) and MPEG-4 codecs for video and MP3, MP4, WAV and ATRAC3plus for music. So, if the majority of everything is WMA, DivX or some other format, you'll have to convert it and that takes time and know-how.

Don't get me wrong, though. The PSP is a great machine. For $250 you get a gaming handheld, and a music/video player too. But, it's lack of storage capabilites (I think the max for Memory Stick Duo PRO's are 4gb and they = EXPENSIVE!), and codec support, makes it a bad choice for just a music/video player. Of course, those are the side dishes, and the main thing it concentrates on is gaming, so if that's what you want, get it. I thought I'd let you know that the PSP isn't all it seems (although it does look very, very cool ;) ).

Thank you! I don't know what to get him... either this or what? I also want to get my younger brother something since I won't be around for this Holiday because of work so I want to get him something special, he likes computers what is a nice good computer I can get him, the price is not a factor, and I need something with twin monitors and around 20inches and a flat screen since he makes movies with his camera... Please help :)

Nila

Back
Top Bottom