Windows XP performance enhancements

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Have you guys ever considered this for performance boost?

-Instead of having Windows use virtual memory to swap files, get tons of RAM and disable Paging File. So if you have more than a gig of RAM or 2gigs, then RAM can do all that for you making it faster right? RAM is faster than using the hard drive. If you must insist on using swap file, separate it by putting it on another drive or on a different partition to minimize fragmentation.

-Disable power saving features. These may slow hard drives, the CPU, or other system components.

-Get dual drives. RAID 0 array increase data transfer speeds.

-Push RAM timing. Lower the CAS latency setting from 3 to 2.5 or whatever. This makes the RAM run faster but it can also cause lockups on systms that use lower-quality memory chips.

Changing your Windows XP Luna theme to the Classic, helps save up RAM, since the normal XP theme kinda hogs up RAM.

Nope, I'm an energy-efficient person, so multiple drives, disabling power-saving features, tightening latencies, or buying extra sticks of RAM is out of the question for me.

I just optimize for best performance and be happy with what I've got.

i bit to much just to speed up xp but i would be interested to see if it works.

Do you know how much memory XP uses? You'd run out of virtual memory quite quickly that way. The best idea is to just disable stuff from starting up.

Back
Top Bottom