Help!! Windows Error Loading OS!!

msett1

Solid State Member
Here is my story.

Have dell XPS. Had 120 GB HD in there with Windows XP Home and was using that. Bought new HD, 160 GB and installed it. Worked great. Used it as 2nd hard drive. So sick of windows installion on 120 GB causing problems so I installed XP Pro that I own on other HD. Worked great. When I booted it would ask, Home or Pro. Picked pro. Start transfering docs and music and crap. Got all transfered! Yes. Now I want to reformat old hd with windows home on it so I can start using it for other stuff. Load windows setup with xp disk to reformat old HD with windows. Great reformatted.

Uh oh... Now I turn on computer and it says Error Loading OS.

what did I do? Why wont it boot from new hd. Was working fine before I reformatted old hd. I dont understand as I was using Pro off new hd.

Please Help ASAP! Did I loose everything!

Matt

In bios, it says in drive configuration:

SATA Primary Drive: Auto and reconizes it fine (thats one I reformatted with nothing on it now)

Primary Master Drive: Auto and reconizes it fine ( thats new one with os on it now)

So it seems to reconize them. When I turn SATA primary off if it says error loading os) when its on it say just restrike f1 to reboot, and there is error.

Boot Sequence just shows diskette drive, ide cd rom and C: Drive which is one with nothing on it, only 3 to pick from and not one is Drive D which has windows.

So, I go press f12 to select boot option, select boot from Primary Master, and get error loading os! Help me Thanks in advance

Well I just decided to reinstall windows n C Drive. So now how I delete windows off 2nd drive without reformatting it.

Matt

Just format the C drive and forget about the other. Then plug in the other hard drive and delete the Windows files off it.

Back
Top Bottom