Fully Optimized
I'm building a new computer system specs as follows:
Asus A8N-E nForce4 Ultra
AMD Athlon X2 3800+
eVGA 6800GS nVIDIA gfx
Dual Channel 2x512 Corsair Value Select
Creative Lab Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit
Hitachi Deskstar 250gb SATA II

I was wondering if it would be worth buying Windows XP Home over Windows 2000. Since Windows Vista is rumored to be released towards the end of next year, I'm not sure if I should fork over the extra money for an XP OS. By the way, If anyone has any experience with Microsoft sticking to their release date that would be appreciated.

well they said longhorn was suppose to come this year a while back? if I remember correctly.

You can stick with 2000 its not really worth forking the money over...

Ahh GO WITH XP... 2000 is (IMO) a bad OS. XP isn't an angel either, but just spend the extra few bucks and get XP home. if you already have windows on it, just buy upgrade (its cheap!) or buy windows 95 and upgrade (still cheaper than from scratch upgrade :p)

XP has better looks, better security, and more compatibility. I had 2000 and ME for a long time (AHHH ME WAS SO BAD!) and I would definitely spend the money for xp

I would just install 2000. Not that long to what and IMO it's a decent operating system. Not as great as XP looks and performance wise but I wouldn't fork over the cash.

ide personally go with 2000. its more stable than xp. and also where did u see the 2000 OS for sale i couldnt find it anywhere i looked.

Back
Top Bottom