is Downloading an OS safe?

kchi55

Fully Optimized
I've seen a few people do this... just a few questions... is it safe?... does it work?... and where can I do this?

I'm only going to be using this until Vista comes out, I really don't want to spend even more money on getting an OS to go with my new build.

Anyone with experience with this, post please!

if you download from official sites its no problem

i presume you going to try Linux/Unix then? stick to the ditros site and you cant go wrong or if big named companys are offering it for download

what os will you be downloading? if it's a free OS like any Linux distro, yeah it's safe and all that good stuff.....but....

if you are downloading windows xp from something like a p2p site........biiiiiiiiiig no no and not to mention illegal.

download knoppix. its a bootable version of linux. its safe, but made for system recoverys, but still its nice..

i remember once someone managed to uncover the official download link for server 2003 of M$'s own site

135791 said:
i remember once someone managed to uncover the official download link for server 2003 of M$'s own site

wow....I'm sure that when it got back to microsoft they changed the link real quick eh?....lol

Acctually Downloading Windows Xp from say P2P in some situations isnt illegal for instence you have just brought a legit copy of windows xp profestional but you want a backup on the pc but have no idea how to rip the cd...so you smply download and use your legit serial...

speedydowt...please change the misspelling of "Athalon" to "Athlon" in your sig....it's driving me nuts!

it can only hurt you if it has anythiing like spyware/viruses/key loggers etc in it if you download it from a p2p site.... but thats the risk you take and if youre downlaoding it illigally and you get caught then you pay the price. simple as pie!

Back
Top Bottom