Post your Super Pi (Mod) times here

The difference is that it gives the time to 3 decimal places. Which means that if you have two people at around the same time, while in the normal Super Pi they would both have 48 seconds, in Super Pi Mod you would be able to tell which one was faster. Bascially, it means its easier to differentiate. It's also more accurate.

Some people may say that it should take advantage of everything. But the idea is to try and have the CPU at 100% load, not both CPUs. It was also written before dual cores were released. About the HyperThreading, though, and a bit more about Dual Cores now :p If you want to test both cores, you can download it twice, install it twice on two different directories, and run it twice, one core on each .exe. That then stress tests your PC. It's the same with nearly every other stress tester though, even Prime 95 has to be run twice.

There is one other main problem with the normal Super Pi. The scores are amazingly easy to change. They are listed in a text file, so all you have to do is change the value. It would be pretty easy to spot if someone had given themselves 0.99 seconds, but what if someone had just knocked 3 seconds off their time? That would give them probably a higher place, which is cheating. On Super Pi, the results are encrypted inside the program itself, if you change them then you kill the program, so you can't cheat :p

AXP
1 GB OCZ Plat. Rev.2 TCC5 (bleh hate TCC5)
ASUS A7N8x-E Deluxe (my shuttle AN35N Ultra clocked better)
6800GT 410/1.15

I vote sticky!!

prosser13 said:
There is one other main problem with the normal Super Pi. The scores are amazingly easy to change. They are listed in a text file, so all you have to do is change the value. It would be pretty easy to spot if someone had given themselves 0.99 seconds, but what if someone had just knocked 3 seconds off their time? That would give them probably a higher place, which is cheating. On Super Pi, the results are encrypted inside the program itself, if you change them then you kill the program, so you can't cheat :p

Hmm, weird. The Super Pi that I use has exactly the same kind of result showing as this mod one. And don't even try to tell me it's hard to take 3 seconds off ur time with this Super Pi Mod. Ever heard of a program called Photoshop? :D

Yes, but then that defeats the point, and it's a lot more trouble. If you go to the Super Pi mod website http://superpi.radeonx.com there's a validation thingy. If I am suspect about the time I'll just get you to run it again and verify it with a screenie :) See?

The Super Pi that I use has exactly the same kind of result showing as this mod one"

Are you sure you didn't download the mod version? Either that or they've updated it :D

i might see if i can get my time down abit, after ive sanded the top of the processor down to the copper.

I take it your lapping the HSF and your CPU?

Your at the top at the moment, and looks like no one can challenge you :p I'll be able to when I get some new RAM, I just need some RAM which can run at 600mhz :D

prosser13 said:
Yes, but then that defeats the point, and it's a lot more trouble. If you go to the Super Pi mod website http://superpi.radeonx.com there's a validation thingy. If I am suspect about the time I'll just get you to run it again and verify it with a screenie :) See?

Are you sure you didn't download the mod version? Either that or they've updated it :D

yeah I know about the validation, and the Super Pi I have has it too. It's not the original Super Pi, all I know is that it's translated from the one they made in 1995 in Japan, but it's possible that they made other changes too.

BTW, I can't get mine any higher than that :( It changes the PCI-E frequency, which I am trying to sort out how to lock it.

But shall:
More times please! :D

Back
Top Bottom