I'm new and need help.

buy a new computer :)

It solves so many issues and troubles. These days you can pick up a new custom built box for around $1000 with an athlon 64 cpu... A friend even constructed his machine with an X2 in it for around $1100 with a 6600GT in it too :)

well rugmuncher the problem is 1000 is still alot of money. for me it's out of the question, even though slow isn't an issue for my PC but it's better to try and find a way to make your existing computer better without abandoning it all togeather. izzo how old is ur HP?

I've done everything from disk cleanup to defraging it and virus and spy/adware scans, i've got 10 gigs free on my hd. I have a gig of ram, which is all that'll fit. i need a new graphics card, i'm only running a 64 mb right now, anyone know how much the 256 mb ones run for?

I would kind of like to fix the problem without buying a new computer, so all you people saying that......

My hp is almost a year old.

I really wouldnt through away the idea of a reformat. Whenever I realize my PC is running kinda slowly and usually this happens once every 2 years, I just back up my important files and run the HP included system restore discs. Its completely failsafe and if youve got your stuff backed up, you have nothing to lose. Its worked 100% for me in the past and ALWAYS the computer is at least twice as fast when reloaded. Your hardware really isn't that bad... Lot's of CF users are used to some pretty extreme computers so when they see the term "celeron" its like "OFMGUHHGHBGHGG BOOOM". Really though, your computer is fine, and if you continue to notice problems even after a wipe, try the new gfx card. You dont need a 256MB one... I doubt the HP could handle that.

Good luck :)

07mackenzie said:
I really wouldnt through away the idea of a reformat. Whenever I realize my PC is running kinda slowly and usually this happens once every 2 years, I just back up my important files and run the HP included system restore discs. Its completely failsafe and if youve got your stuff backed up, you have nothing to lose. Its worked 100% for me in the past and ALWAYS the computer is at least twice as fast when reloaded. Your hardware really isn't that bad... Lot's of CF users are used to some pretty extreme computers so when they see the term "celeron" its like "OFMGUHHGHBGHGG BOOOM". Really though, your computer is fine, and if you continue to notice problems even after a wipe, try the new gfx card. You dont need a 256MB one... I doubt the HP could handle that.

Good luck :)
lmao "OFMGUHHGHBGHGG BOOOM" thats hilarious :p i do agree with the format option, i have ended up formating mine sadly like 6 times sence march of this year....so i will be glad once i get my computer how it should be and have no more isues! god. i donno y but ever sence something had happened over the summer, it hasn't been able 2 download certian games and files, like AOEIII demo, call of duty 2 demo 3dmark05 etc. it's really a pain in the A** but i just move on lol, i'm hoping this time with the new HD i get that i wont have any issues...*sighs* hopefully... but 2 stay on task with your problem formating or the recovery option seems like the most open way 2 go, u can get 256MB vid cards for really cheap but i would just go with a pretty nice ATI or NVidia, i really do like both company's :) i have an All-IN-WONDER from ATI but if i knew the gaming performance wasn't much of top notch then i would have gotten a different once that was more specified for gaming performance, although my X600pro really doesn't run that bad, but windows can really make ur computer run like it's 2 or more years old :p just gotta keep it healthy

Back
Top Bottom