Hdd

MarxSoccer

BSOD
This is a common thing that happens to people, and ask me for help. It's like Windows partitions their HDD without them knowing.
For a while, my computer has had a virtual hdd. I have a 160 gig sony hdd in my computer, but after my uncle installed windows, it said i had a 120 gig master hdd, and a 60gig for just extra storage. How can i make windows recognize it has a single hdd?

Windows xp can only detect hhd's up to 120 gigs, anything larger than that and you have to go to manufacture of the hhd and get a patch or something of that nature so that windows will recongnize the whole hhd.

Err, nope :p

If Windows does't have SP1, then it cannot recognise hard drives over 120GB. Install SP1, and it should recognise it as one drive :)

MarxSoccer said:
This is a common thing that happens to people, and ask me for help. It's like Windows partitions their HDD without them knowing.

perhaps the uncle partitioned it without him knowing? and windows cannot detect hard drives over 137gb, but that won't make it split it into 2 drives, it will just simply recognize it as a 137gb drive until you patch it. if there are 2 partitions on the hard drive, someone had to have partitioned it, the only way to fix that is to reformat the drive.

Back
Top Bottom