processor delima

band-aid

Baseband Member
ok here's my problem, I can either get the Athlon 64 X2 4400+ with the toledo core or the Athlon 64 X2 4200+ with the san diego core. I was told that the san diego core had 10 times faster cache and would therefore give better performance than a toledo processor of the same clockspeed. I can get them both for around the same price (the 4200+ being about $20 more) and am wondering which one would give me better performance in games. Any input would be greatly appriciated.

Game-wise, probably a single core CPU. There have been issues with gaming using dual core setups. The dual core can still do a pretty good job gaming despite that. There are kinks to work out with dual core. You will also need to download a Microsoft patch when using dual core to optimize it's performance too. A lot of hassle, but excellent at multitasking.

How is the X2 4200+ a SD core? SD is only for single cores. And A64 X2's are basically 2 SD cores put together. I would go with dual core.

I know that a faster single core might be better for gaming than a multi-core... here lemme rephrase my qestion: Are there any performance differences between the Toledo cores and the san diego cores?

Back
Top Bottom