Installed New Heatsink/Fan Now Monitor Wont work??

karling07

Daemon Poster
I just installed a new heatsink and fan that I got from newegg. I have a socket A mobo with an AMD 2000+. The computer was working really well but the heatsink/fan I had were pretty loud so I decided to buy a new one. It was an arctic cooling copper zone silent 2L (and it is VERY quiet!)

But now, sadly, when I turn on my computer, nothing comes up on the monitor, now BIOS, no windows, no anything! The computer is clearly on although I turned up my volume to see if it was booting windows with the opening windows theme noise and no noise came out.

I also tried putting back in the old heatsink and fan but still the monitor is blank!

Any ideas?

Are you pluggin the heatsink fan in the right plug? I'm not real sure otherwise seems kinda odd. Maybe try reseating the Processor.

Yeah... Everything is where it should be. Could this possibly be a graphics card problem and the heatsink/fan was just coincidence?

did you take the processor out to maybe clean it off before you put new thermal paste on it (you did put thermal paste on it didn't you?), you might have the processor oriented wrong. try taking out your video card and cleaning it off by rubbing a pencil eraser on the contacts (not too hard) and blow the motherboard connector out with some compressed air. make sure everything is connected properly (you might have bumped something while putting in the new heatsink/fan).

Back
Top Bottom