Need a little help with windows issues

golf_addict73

In Runtime
Well i tried to install Windows XP pro...(not legal)...but it formatted the hard drive and go to the screen where everything is loading onto the computer..all the programs for XP pro and everything and when i enter the product key it doesn't work....so i got an XP home legal copy and i put it in and it automatically tries to finish the XP pro setup....I have all my system details on other posts of mine..just look for them....and it will never recognize the XP home disk....i need to reformat my hdd but i'm not sure exactly what to do..please help me out

Try this. Boot up your computer and do not let it boot up into windows. Mabye go into bios or something. Open your cd rom, put in the cd and restart. Reformat the computer. Is this xp home full or upgrade. If it is an upgrade you will need a cd key from a previous windows version. You could always try finding a cd key for xp pro online and try it to see i that works. Another option is to switch to linux, so you do not have to steal. Or just downgrade to whatever version you have. If this does not work you may have to go find a boot disk and use fdisk to format your hd. Tell me on updates please ill try to help as much as I can

well if i download linux....how would i get it onto my ither computer...after i get it onm a disk and put it in wouldn't it still try to boot to windows XP pro.....but if not then i could use linux and then format my hard drive from there and wipe everything off that way right?

Back
Top Bottom