Gamespy Adware

G9

Daemon Poster
I have 12 non-viral threats, all detected by Norton Anti-virus. They are all related to Gamespy. Should I delete them?

I don't think so. They are most likely stuff like for example the tracker in there. So that ur friends can see which game and on which server u are playing.

There's gsarcade.exe, which I know not to delete, and then there's fpupdate or something.

Not sure about the purpose of GameSpy but some antispyware report them as malware while others don't ... for me, i think it may be best to delete them just in case, but if you frequently use GameSpy and have no problems with it at all, then it may be alright just to ignore these threats ... although i highly don't recommend it

gamespy ,is picked up as adware,with some anti-viral software,as the free version(no subscription) uses add messages to earn revenue,its nothing major you get a free service for having to look at a add now and then while using the software,id imagine the multiple hits is when its updating the add displays,nortons picks this up as it has to justify its price by pointing out every possible thing

Back
Top Bottom