Some advice on cooling.

blackout66

Beta member
I'm kinda new at this but, I'm building a new pc and I was wondering if I could get some recomendations on cooling supplies.

This is what's being put together:

Asus Vintage-PE2 barebones system

Intel Pentium 4 540J Prescott 800MHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor

Patriot Signature Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model PSD1G400KH

SAPPHIRE 100600L-Red Radeon X800PRO 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card

ASPIRE ATX-AS520W BLACK ATX 520W Power Supply 115/230 V CB IEC 950/ TUV EN 60950/ UL 1950/ CSA 950

Seagate Barracuda 7200.8(internal) 250 gigs

if anyone notices any compatibility issues, any help would be appreciated on that too.

The Gigabyte G-Power (and Pro) is a nice cooler, along with the Artic Cooling Freezer 7. The difference between Pro and non-Pro is that Pro comes with a fan controller.

Straight off, the PE2 takes AGP, and not PCI-E graphics cards. But wait, it says PCI-E after AGP on Provantage. Could you give a spec page for the Asus Vintage-PE2 system? Cheers.

I'd get a zalman heatsink for the cpu.
And as a thermal paste use arctic silver.

Then get a few fans, u don't need to have them but they are cheap and improve the airflow alot. Something like two 120mm fans would exellent.
And if u want u can look into some more exotic stuff, like dry ice etc. Also water cooling is nice, and u can get some kits that are (atleast are supposed to be, never tried myself) quite easy to install.

Guys, this is a barebones Mini-ITX system! How's he meant to fit 120mm fans and water cooling into it, let alone dry ice!

If you're going to suggest stuff, at least look what case he has!

doesnt matter how big your case is a drie ice cooler is an external thing he would just leave his side panel open. and the zalman water cooling is also external so you should do research before you yell at other people.

Back
Top Bottom