anyone use the sound equalizer?

mammikoura

Golden Master
So anyone else use it, or does anybode else even have it? I'd imagine that it's a part of windows but could be a part of the sound card.
Atleast on my pc you go to control panel and there is Sound Effect Manager then choose equalizer.
I like the rock equalizer the most, and u do see a big difference between them.
So after it being at rock for atleast 1 year I though to go messing with it. If I turn it to default (reset button) it sounds so different, just so plain and boring.

But then I made an almost lethal mistake. Just for fun (well it wasn't fun) I tried how music sounds while the equalizer is set to stuff like treble, vocal, classical and my worst mistake ever, POP! My God, I mean, u try to listen to something like Metallica of Children of Bodom while the equalizer is at pop it just sounds so stupid. I mean STUPID.

I highly recommend u mess around in there, u can make ur music sound much better to yourself. Just stay away from pop! :p

Yeah, usually this feature is on onboard sound cards within the driver CD, as well as 3D surround, etc on others.

The features can be useful, but you can find an equaliser on any standard music player anyway :p

A good one on Winamp is probably Full bass and Treble. I think messing around with it ain any other way can ruin a song if not done correctly as you've found out :p Usually a standard equaliser is best.

Or if using Windows Media Player, dont use an equaliser. Just use the WOW bass and Wow effects. They are rather nifty :D

I don't have one on mine! I want one.

Is there some freeware or something you can get it do it?

mammikoura said:
So anyone else use it, or does anybode else even have it? I'd imagine that it's a part of windows but could be a part of the sound card.
Atleast on my pc you go to control panel and there is Sound Effect Manager then choose equalizer.
I like the rock equalizer the most, and u do see a big difference between them.
So after it being at rock for atleast 1 year I though to go messing with it. If I turn it to default (reset button) it sounds so different, just so plain and boring.

But then I made an almost lethal mistake. Just for fun (well it wasn't fun) I tried how music sounds while the equalizer is set to stuff like treble, vocal, classical and my worst mistake ever, POP! My God, I mean, u try to listen to something like Metallica of Children of Bodom while the equalizer is at pop it just sounds so stupid. I mean STUPID.

I highly recommend u mess around in there, u can make ur music sound much better to yourself. Just stay away from pop! :p

it's part of the soundcard of the pc, slash part windows, but as for using it..not really just have it set to default.

i use the EQ's of the sound editing software and do not use the windows one because it don't have enough range of frequency's.

Back
Top Bottom